DO NOT CHOOSE QUANTITY.
ONLY place the number of pallets needed in the "NUMBER OF PALLETS" space.
Pallets of Emerald Zoysia are 450sf.
All sod orders will be DELIVERED.
Since sod is a living, perishable plant, it is cut to order and should be installed immediately. Your order is typically cut the afternoon or night before your delivery date and delivered to our yard before business hours to be prepared for delivery to your yard.
- Sod orders placed through this website will be filled in 3-4 business days.
We guarantee our sod to be alive, true to name as sold and in good condition upon pick-up or delivery. There is no guarantee, expressed or implied, for the survivability of sod under conditions beyond our control (i.e. insufficient watering, improper installation and handling, chemical or fertilizer burn, or sod left on pallet beyond the day of delivery).
Your residential and commercial lawns will draw high praise once Emerald Zoysia takes root. This dense, fine species should be cut consistently for a polished landscape, but if left uncut, it acquires a gentle rolling look often featured in Oriental landscaping. This versatility makes it an attractive option for those willing to invest proper maintenance.
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Hot Weather Tolerance: Good
- Cold Weather Tolerance: Excellent
- Shade Tolerance: Good
- Wear Resistance: Excellent
- Mowing Height: 3/4″ to 2 ½″
- Soil and Fertilizer Needs:
Fertilize with a Lawn Food 16-4-8 + Iron and Pelletized Dolomitic Limestone. Apply between 2 and 4 pounds of nitrogen per 1000 square feet annually, during the growing season. Select a fertilizer that is labeled for use on zoysia grass lawns. Do not apply fertilizer to wet turf to avoid burning. Too much fertility will result in a thatchy, unhealthy lawn and increased disease risk. Supplemental application of Iron will improve grass color.
Watering: Water to supplement rainfall shortages only. Avoid fixed timer irrigation settings. Though drought tolerant, Zoysia best performs when it receives approximately 1 inch of water per week. If one or more inches of rainfall occur in a week, additional irrigation is not necessary. (Example: if 1/2 inch of rain occurs within a growing week, apply 1/2 inch by irrigation.) Do not waste water by over watering; avoid run-off and standing water for any period of time.
Mowing: Mow at 1.5 cutting height. Mow no more than 1/3 of the leaf off at one mowing. Use sharp mower blades and catch and remove clippings. Mow with a rotary or reel mower. Less frequent mowing requirements – mowing may be required on a 7 to 10 day interval.
- Weed, Insect And Disease Control: Zoysia’s dense growth can reduce the weed population but to be sure, use of a pre-emergent herbicide, recommended for use on zoysia lawns on the label, is strongly recommended in the spring and fall. Pests can become a problem, especially if zoysia is not growing healthily (too much fertility or water, etc.). Zoysia Patch disease (Rhizoctonia fungus) can be a problem in over-fertilized lawns. Leaf rust is a lesser problem. Grubs and bill bugs (plus mole crickets in the Lower South) are soil-borne insects which can cause damage.